Bulk Up! Get Your Protein in from these 10 Vegan SourcesRaquel Khoudari
There is no doubt that the Vegan is becoming one of trendiest lifestyles today. Although Veganism is not for everyone,those who do want to join the Vegan Nation can’t help but to question if their diets will lack protein. After all, protein acts as building blocks for the human body, by stimulating cell growth.On average, women should consume around 46 grams of protein per day, and men 56 grams per day. Fortunately, though it’s not commonly known,vegans have more than enough protein options which do not include meat, eggs or dairy. The plant-based diet is not only beneficial to humans, but also to animals and the environment.
Some of the top 10 vegan foods that are high in protein are:
1. Chia seeds: 4.7 grams per ounce
2. Hemp seeds: 10 grams in 3 tablespoons (53 grams per cup)
3. Veggies: the amount of protein varies per veggie; leafy greens are usually the ones containing the most protein. One cup of broccoli contains 8.1 grams.
4. Peas: 7.9 grams per cup
5. Quinoa: 8 grams per cup
6. Nuts: 6 grams per ounce- also contain lots of healthy fats
7. Beans: 13 grams per cup
8. Lentils: 18 grams per cup
9. Unsweetened Cocoa powder: 1 gram per tablespoon
10. Tofu/ tempeh: 32 grams per cup
Not bad, huh? You probably consume most of these foods on a regular daily basis and aren’t even aware of it. What’s great is that you can eat them in countless varieties of flavors and forms; raw, boiled, steamed, in salads, bowls, or smoothies. You will not only be building up on protein, but you will also feel energetic and great!
Latest posts by Raquel Khoudari (see all)
- Bulk Up! Get Your Protein in from these 10 Vegan Sources - August 23, 2017
- Best Vegan Running Shoes - August 23, 2017
- No Dairy No Problem! 5 Vegan Ways To Get Your Calcium! - August 23, 2017