Communtiy Favorite: Cherry tomato, spinach & garlic pastaJennifer Duchovny
Latest posts by Jennifer Duchovny (see all)
- Got my radiance back! – Terrateva anti-aging cream review - June 23, 2017
- Communtiy Favorite: Cherry tomato, spinach & garlic pasta - May 21, 2017
- A Simple Dish to Strengthen Your Immune System - May 18, 2017
One of the most talked about recipes from our community.
I L-O-V-E pasta. I just love it. To me, it’s the ultimate comfort food.
One of my favorite dishes is tomato sauce pasta because it’s hearty, easy to make and has lots of ingredient possibilities. Being the busy hard working mom that I am, I love making food that is relatively quick. This is why I always keep various tomato sauce bases in my pantry and then just add whatever is currently in the fridge. I think that there is a wealth of ready sauce options and I usually try to taste as many as possible in my search for the perfect dish.
This pasta recipe is one of our family favourites, and is completely vegan, super healthy and most importantly very easy to make.
- 1 can of cherry tomatoes base. I personally use the Italian brand ‘Mutti’ which has excellent products and is highly recommended
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pack of spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 thick celery sticks
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 a pack of your favourite pasta shape
- Cook the pasta
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil
- Add the celery & garlic and fry for not more than 30 seconds so the garlic will not turn bitter
- Add the tomato sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes, until hot
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for additional 3-5 minutes
- Add a spoon of the pasta starch liquid to the sauce
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, mix properly and enjoy!