Chickpea Pizza! A Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza RecipeJazmine Janay
When I found out I was gluten sensitive, the first thing that popped into my mind was: “No more pizza?!” I thought my culinary world was coming to an end. Luckily, I discovered that there’s such a thing as gluten-free pizza, and that it can actually be pretty good!
Since I have additional sensitivities such as corn, potatoes, and rice, my options for a vegan, gluten-free pizza were quite limited. A family friend suggested I try chickpea flour instead of regular gluten-free flour, and it changed my life.
This vegan, gluten-free pizza recipe is not only delicious, but also super simple to make! It involves a frying pan, which is quite unusual for pizza recipes, but it only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish and it’s the perfect meal that’s doesn’t cause my sensitives to flare up. If you’re gluten sensitive or have additional sensitivities like me, this could be the perfect pizza recipe for you!
Chickpea Pizza: Vegan & Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe
2/3 cup chickpea flour
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp Canola oil (or other high-heat durable oil of your choice)
Tomato sauce / vegan pesto
A selection of your favorite toppings.
Add related recipe ingredients to your cart:
Rani Chana Besan, Chickpea Flour (2lbs/4lbs)$13.97 – $19.99
- You’ll LOVE our Chana Besan (Chickpea Flour) by Rani Brand®!
- 100% natural, no preservatives, non-GMO, gluten free, PREMIUM gourmet food grade flour.
- Packed in a no barrier resealable/reusable plastic jar – important when handling Indian flours!
- Rani is a USA-based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Authentic Indian Product
- 100% vegan
Kember’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix (21 oz. bag, makes 2 crusts)$13.20
- Each 21 oz. bag makes two pizza crusts
- Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegetarian, vegan
- No corn or xanthan gum used, non GMO ingredients
- Manufactured in a certified gluten free facility and tested to confirm its gluten free status
- Easy to prepare – 5 minutes to mix, 30 minutes to rise
GO Veggie! Dairy Free Grated Topping, Parmesan Flavor (4 oz., Pack of 1, 2 or 4)$10.22 – $22.44
- Vegan Grated Soy Topping – Parmesan Flavor
- Preservative free
- 100% vegan
- Casein and lactose free
- Gluten free
Step 1: In a bowl, combine all the crust ingredients. Mix, then pour in 2/3 cup water and mix again.
Step 2: In a non-stick pan, heat the oil of your choice over medium heat and then pour the pizza “dough” into the pan. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, until edges start to brown and the surface is dry. Then flip crust over and repeat.
Step 3: Transfer crust to baking sheet. Spread your vegan sauce of choice (tomato sauce, pesto, or both). Add your favorite toppings, and bake in a preheated oven for about 5-10 minutes, at 350 degrees F.
Serve hot, straight from the oven, and enjoy!
Her website Jasmine Janay Health and Wellness offers inspiration to those looking to lead a wholesome healthy life.