Best Vegan Running ShoesRaquel Khoudari
When it comes to veganism, it’s not only about eating plant-based foods. Being vegan also means avoiding any type of animal cruelty, and never purchasing items made of animal-based materials. Natural fur is not the only type of material derived from animals. Even simple running shoes might not be vegan. The leather and other non-synthetic materials, glues, and dyes used in some running shoes come from animals too, and are sometimes even tested on the animals to check for toxicity. Isn’t that just too cruel? Fortunately, you can now run vegan and stay in shape!
People have different types of feet, affecting the area where their foot lands. That said, there’s a wide variety of options to fit anyone’s foot type and running needs. Here are some of the best vegan running shoes out there.
Brooks Men’s Beast 14: Offers stability, support, and cushioning.
Brooks Women’s Ariel 14: Offers cushioning and stability for flat -arched feet.
That said, all Brooks shoes are vegan, so compare away!
ASICS: Perfect for long runs, due to its comfort and stability. Plus, nearly all their shoes are vegan!
Newton Gravity: Perfect for racing.
Newton Gravity V Running Shoes, Blue (Sizes 6 – 8)$77.99
- Engineered mesh – Seamless and provides lightweight breathability and structure in key areas.
- 4-way Stretch mesh Metatarsal Panel – Offers a more individualized fit.
- Overlays – Are anatomically placed to provide a secure fit.
- Stabilization tongue – Features a radial band to provide a comfortable precision fit.
- Heel Lace Lock – Provides a snug heel lockdown.
Merrell Bare Access Ultra: For off-road terrain.
Latest posts by Raquel Khoudari (see all)
- Bulk Up! Get your Protein from these 10 Vegan Sources - August 23, 2017
- Best Vegan Running Shoes - August 23, 2017
- No Dairy? No Problem! 5 Vegan Calcium Sources - August 23, 2017